Thursday 4 August 2011

the project that started it all....

So I thought I'd share the first craft project I did with my lovely friends. We decided on making softies or as I like to call them..stuffies.   Here's the tutorial we followed: New Green Mama: Hootie the Upcyled Owl Tutorial .  
And our proud results!


It was a lot of fun making it! So much fun.. that I decided to use what I learned from it and make a comfort toy for my sister who was just getting out of a surgery.   Rather than an owl though.. I wanted to make a kitty since we love our cat.   What I failed to learn from the owls was how to attach the tail.. It wasn't the cleanest job since I did it in a week, but it was still cute (even though my sister thought it was an owl).  Guess I didn't stray far enough from what I learned above. I'll have to try again and figure out how to properly attach the tail, then I can add a tutorial.



No comments:

Post a Comment